Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April Showers Bring ..... Lots of Rain!

We're getting our fair share of April showers this year. We need it, but it's been slowing down the chicken coop progress the past week or so. Even so, we've managed to get a fair amount of work done on it. By "we", I really do mean Bernie, but I have helped as much as time will allow. You can take a look at how far along we are on the Back to Basic Living website.

Between rainy days, Bernie has to find one dry enough to go to town and mow the lawn at our house there. He's got his plate full between trying to keep up around here, and do maintenance there. But he fits it all in and never complains.

I made some gift baskets to sell for Mother's Day. One has a Goats Milk Body Lotion and a Goats Milk Soap bar made with goats milk, honey, and oatmeal. I put them in a reproduction antique enamel soap bowl:

Photobucket

I also have some gift baskets with three large bars of soap. Check them out if you're looking for a nice Mother's Day gift. Since I'm selling the soaps and lotions at a lower price with these baskets, I can't offer any discounts, but I may be able to save you a couple of dollars in shipping if you request it in the notes section when you order. If you want me to check for better shipping, add a note and don't pay right away - wait for me to get the shipping cost and I'll bill you via PayPal.

All of the rain is really helping my spring garden grow. It won't be long until we'll be eating fresh salads here on the homestead. Next month we'll be putting in the summer vegetable garden. With the arrival of the chicks scheduled for the middle of May, we should have plenty of fertilizer for it!

Bee Free,
Penny

No comments:

Hits