Friday, March 23, 2007

Bernie's Backhoe Has New Gums!

Well today was simply beautiful - it got to the high 60's here. After the last few weeks of cold and snow, it was a welcomed day indeed.

We had the Donald B. Rice Tire Company come out and put new tires all around on the backhoe. Take a look at the before and after pictures on the website. Jonathon came out and did the work for us. Jonathon was all work. I'm sure he thought I was insane for running around snapping pictures every few minutes, but he tolerated us well and did a great job.

I also got a couple of pictures of our bees up close and personal as they were sniffing around for something to pollinate. You can check them out on our new website. I just put it up tonight, so be sure to check back often as I update it. Also be sure to check out the great food recipes and skincare recipes - amazing what wonderful things you can make with honey!

All in all, it was a good day. The weather was great. We're here at the homestead. We got new tires on the backhoe. We covered the whole yard in lime to prepare it for the grass seed we're fixing to overload it with in the hopes of actually having a lawn so we can stop walking around with 5 pounds of mud on our shoes. And the bees are all happy and buzzing about! Now that I think about it, I guess it really was a great day! Man, I love this place!

Bee Free,
Penny

No comments:

Hits