Saturday, March 08, 2008

Spring Forward - and Make Me Some Spaghetti

Tonight, or rather early tomorrow morning, we spring forward. Which simply means we set our clocks ahead one hour. I really wish we could just decide on what time we want it to be and quit with all this Daylight Savings crap. I like it when we spring forward, and I wish we could just stay sprung. In Pennyland, springing forward means that I get to go to bed early and not feel like some old person. Because I can stay up until 10PM, because in my mind, it's REALLY only 9PM. Plus Elvis doesn't really get the whole time change thing, so he won't start screaming for me to get up until it's what he THINKS is 5AM - but it will acutally be 6AM since we have sprung forward and I'll already be awake. I can't wait to trick him. I may just YOWL at the top of my lungs when I wake up just to give him a taste of his own medicine. But that would wake up Priscilla. And Priscilla is quite considerate in the early morning. She never makes a peep until I wake up. And then she's hell on wheels the rest of the day, while Elvis goes back into hibernation for the rest of the day.

Tonight I made Bernie a big pot of spaghetti and noodles. It's one of his favorite meals. I can tell when he gets a hankering for it, because he drops subtle hints like "Remember when you used to love me and make me spaghetti". He's been really working hard to get this place painted, and being that he is a wonderful husband and I'm such a darn good wife, I made his stinkin' spaghetti and noodles. He seemed greatly appreciative.

Next week we're supposed to get a break in the weather. I really hope that's true. Bernie plans to work some more on our fence. I really can't wait to have this place fenced in so we can put in the garden and get our chickens and goats. I'm pretty sure I'll be battling chickens and goats in the garden, but I don't care. What's a homestead without animals to make it entertaining? Remind me that I said that when I complain about it in the future.

We're planning to finish painting our sitting area tomorrow. Bernie finished up mudding and priming the walls yesterday. We bought the paint today. I picked out a nice shade of deep red. I showed Bernie the little paint wheel from Sherwin Williams and asked "What do you think about this color?" He responded "Is it black?" I just chuckled and said "You are so funny". Who said color blindness is a bad thing?

Bee Free,
Penny

No comments:

Hits